At Active Souls, we take a woman's busy life seriously and are proud to offer Spa services to our members and non-members.
Massage Therapy can be a powerful ally in a fitness, training, and wellness regimen. It is estimated that upwards of 90% of disease is stress related and perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Taking time for yourself through massage therapy can help manage stress.
*All members receive a 10% discount on spa services
Meet Erin and learn about our Spa!
Benefits of Massage
In addition to helping to manage stress, massage and other body work treatments can:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow, the body's natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Contact us to sign up for a Wellness Membership, Massage or Spa Package
Types of Massage
- Swedish: A classic massage technique combing long gliding strokes with kneading strokes to promote relaxation and improve circulation. 60-mins: $75; 90-mins: $110
- Deep Tissue: Therapeutic massage including trigger point work to target specific areas of pain and discomfort by penetrating deep layers of muscle and connective tissue. 60-mins: $85; 90-mins: $115
- Sports Massage: Therapeutic massage which employs movement and more vigorous techniques which may include stretches. Excellent for reducing tension in muscles before or after your workout. 30-mins: $50; 60-mins: $80
- Hot Stone Massage: Warm, smooth stones are used to send traces of heat through the muscles in conjunction with Swedish Massage techniques. 75-mins: $105
- Aromatherapy Massage: A Swedish Massage incorporating your choice of oils to awaken the senses as well as the body, leaving you relaxed and rejuvenated. 60-mins: $80; 90-mins: $115
- Prenatal Massage: Designed to relieve the stress of childbearing and reduce backaches and exhaustion. Please bring a doctor's note of clearance. 60-mins: $75
- Stress Buster Massage: Relieves tension in the neck, shoulders, and back. 30-mins: $50
- Foot Reflexology: A pressure point massage for your feet to help relieve stress and tension allowing the body to achieve natural homeostasis. 30-mins: $45
- Aromatherapy Body Salt Glow: A treatment for the body and mind. Feel stress melt away and your skin glow as a blend of aromatic sea salts, mineral salts, and essential oils are gently massaged into your skin. 45-mins: $70
Spa etiquette can be a source of anxiety for both first-time spa goes as well as veterans. Here are some basics to know to help you feel at ease.
Turn Off your Cell Phone
Your appointment is your time to relax and forget about everything going on . You can't relax if you're answering calls, checking emails, and texting in the spa and neither can the person next to you. Do yourself a favor and turn off your phone.
Arrive On Time
Getting to your appointment10 or 15 minutes early will help you relax and wind down before your appointment. You'll be able to enjoy the full treatment in a much more relaxed state. If this is your first time, we'll have some paperwork for you to fill out.
Speak Up About What You Want
During the massage, speak up about anything you would like to be different—more pressure, less pressure, quieter music, a blanket if you're cold, turning the table warmer off. Your comfort is the most important thing, and your therapist is there for you.
The Nudity Question
Massage is usually done nude, but you are covered with a sheet at all times. Only the part of the body being massaged is exposed. You can keep your underwear on, but it might limit the therapist's access to muscles that could use some work.
If you’re just starting out and know you have some anxieties about being massaged by a stranger, ask the receptionist about treatments where you keep your clothes on, like reflexology or chair massage. During a facial, you will be given a robe to wear and you will be fully covered the entire time.
If you schedule two treatments together, get a massage before your facial.
Is Talking Allowed?
You can talk during the treatment or be still, as you choose. The therapist should follow your lead. If you're not talking and the therapist won't be quiet, you can say something like, "I'm just going to be quiet/rest for a little while." The therapist will get the hint.
What about Tipping?
Tipping your therapist 15-20% is typical. Tipping your therapist for exceptional service is at your discretion. Active Souls accepts cash tips or a check written directly to the therapist. Tips are not including in your gift certificate. You can leave your tip with the front desk when you check out or with the therapist.
Canceling Your Appointment
Active Souls has a 24-hour cancellation policy, and if you left a charge card number, you may be charged. If you know you're not going to make it, let the spa know as soon as possible. A therapist might have come in just for you, and if you don't pay, the therapist doesn't get paid.