- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder (I used Hammer Vanilla Vegan Protein
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup almond milk (plus more, if needed)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, for rolling
Place dates, applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla in a large food processor. Process until dates look nearly pureed and mixture is very-well combined.
Add coconut flour, protein powder and salt. Process until mixture forms a smooth ball of "dough." (If mixture looks too dry, add almond milk. If it looks too wet, add coconut flour.)
Roll into 12 balls. Place about 1/2 cup shredded coconut in a small bowl and roll balls in coconut, if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 bite
Per Serving: Calories: 80; Total Fat: 1g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 30mg; Carbohydrate: 17g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 12g; Protein: 3g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 112mg; Iron: 7%; Vitamin A: 1%; Vitamin C: 11%; Calcium: 4%