- 1 romaine lettuce (large, heart, cut in half lengthwise)
- olive oil spray
- 1 avocado (diced)
- 1/2 cups chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cups lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hummus (garlic)
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons raw cashews (soaked in water)
- sea salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine chickpeas, olive oil, and garlic powder. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chickpeas on baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- As chickpeas are roasting, preheat grill to high. Spray cut, flat side of romaine hearts and place cut-side down on the grill. Grill for about 1-2 minutes until grill marks appear on lettuce. Flip and grill for an additional minute, to sear. Remove hearts to platter cut sides up.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle romaine hearts with dressing and top with roasted chickpeas and avocado.
- Store extra dressing in an airtight container.