1/2 cup canned coconut milk
juice of 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (or a mix)
- In a large bowl, mix everything except the chicken. Place the chicken in a large food storage bag and pour in the marinade. Seal and squish around so the chicken is coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or up to overnight.
- To roast: Preheat oven to 425F. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top. Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the wire rack and roast 20-30 minutes until starting to brown and cooked through. To broil: Preheat broiler. Place the chicken on a broiler pan and broil, about 5-6 minutes per side, until starting to brown and cooked through. To grill: Preheat the grill on high with the lid closed until very hot, about 10-15 minutes. Grill the chicken, covered, 5-6 minutes per side, until starting to brown and cooked through.
2 cups loosely packed fresh mint leaves
1/2 fresh jalapeño
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/4 small white onion
zest of 1 fresh lime
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and purée until smooth. Be glad you have a nose; your house will smell awesome! Place in fridge for about an hour before eating. This will taste fresh and delicious for 3-4 days.
Oven-Roasted Pineapple Curry Rice
1 head fresh cauliflower
1/2 cup canned pineapple chunks (sugar-free, packed in juice)
3 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup raisins
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 teaspoon Indian curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
1-2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- Break the cauliflower into florets, removing the stems. Place the florets in the food processor bowl and pulse until the cauliflower looks like rice, about 10 to 15 pulses.
- Cut the pineapple chunks in half. In a very large bowl, mix the riced cauliflower, pineapple chunks, scallions, almonds, and raisins. In a small bowl, place the coconut oil, curry powder, and salt. Microwave until the oil is melted, about 20 seconds, mix, and pour the oil over the cauliflower. Toss with a rubber spatula until the veggies are coated in the seasonings. Spread the rice evenly on two large, rimmed baking sheets. Roast 15 minutes, then stir the veggies, spread flat again, and return to oven for 10 minutes. Pour the melted ghee over the rice and stir to coat.