Beets help fight inflammation, have anit-cancer properties, and are full of nutrients. Give this recipe a try!
- 3 cups of mixed berries, fresh or frozen, see notes
- ½ of a small beet, ½ cup chunks, 2 ounces
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 cup kale leaves, stems removed, 1½ ounces
- 1 small piece of ginger, about 2 Teaspoons
- 2 cups coconut water, or freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients into a blender in the order listed. Secure the lid and blend starting on low and working up to high speed.
- Blend until completely smooth, about 1 minute in a high powered blender.
- Serve immediately for the best flavor, but it will keep up to 1 day refrigerated.
Serves: 6 cups or 48 ounces