- 1 large eggplant, cut into 3/4" round slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) package of spinach
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Slice eggplant in 3/4" inch thick rounds and lightly salt both sides of each slice. Let it sit for a while so some of the bitter juice is released while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Make the salad dressing by combining all dressing ingredients and whisking them together (I like to add the oil in slowly, bit by bit). Set aside.
- Heat up BBQ/grill to medium-high heat.
- Prepare the other salad ingredients (chop the herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, and shallot), and add them and the spinach to a large salad bowl.
- Brush both sides of each eggplant slice with olive oil prior to grilling. I don't rinse the salt off the eggplant or anything, but you can if you're watching your intake.
- Grill eggplant on medium-high heat for approx. 3-5 minutes per side (really depends on your grill). The eggplant should be browned and crispy on the outside and soft and tender on the inside.
- Let eggplant cool for a few minutes, then cut each slice into quarters.
- Add the eggplant to the salad and toss everything together with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Serves 2 as an entree-sized salad or 4 as a side salad.