- 1 cup red split lentils, dry
- 1/4 cup parboiled brown rice
- 1 cup corn
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 medium tomato
- ¾ cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ small avocado, cut into cubes
- 6 slices whole-grain bread
1. Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a medium soup pot, and immediately add the parboiled rice*, lentils, corn, bouillon, smoked paprika, cayenne, and sea salt.
2. Dice the tomato and add it to the soup. Cook over a medium-low flame for 30 minutes, semi-covered.
3. Taste for any seasonings adjustments and serve with cilantro, avocado cubes, and 2 slices of toast.
* If you can’t find parboiled brown rice, you can use regular brown rice and add 20 minutes to the cooking time.